AMEC secures coal seam methane oil and gas contract in Australia

14/02/2011


Perth, Australia (15 February 2011) "- AMEC, the international engineering and project management company, has been awarded a contract by Eastern Star Gas for the completion of a feasibility study for the Narrabri Coal Seam Gas project in New South Wales.

AMEC, in association with Zektingroup, will project-manage the study, which will be undertaken by a collaborative team including Aquenta Consulting, MWH and Unidel. 

The study will confirm the single go-forward investment option from the field development scenarios for the Narrabri project, which involves power station gas supply, upstream coal seam gas facilities and gas transmission pipelines. 

The team will draw on its combined strengths and experience in the local market to provide a single solution to Eastern Star. It will provide engineering, construction management, estimating, environmental planning and land access support for the project's production facilities, gathering system, compressor stations, water treatment, transmission pipelines and infrastructure services. 

The work begins immediately, with completion scheduled for June 2011.  

"AMEC recently announced plans to acquire Zektingroup and this contract is a great example of how our combined skills and collaborative relationships can provide solutions in growing and challenging markets," said Steve Ciccone, AMEC's Regional Director, Australia and South East Asia. "We look forward to working as part of this high-calibre team to deliver a quality solution for Eastern Star Gas."  

Alan T Fanton, Project Director for Eastern Star Gas, added: "We're pleased to have AMEC and Zektingroup executing the upstream feasibility study and look forward to working together to further develop the Narrabri Coal Seam Gas project."  

Eastern Star Gas was formed in August 2000 to explore, develop and produce both conventional natural gas and coal seam gas in eastern Australia. Listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), Eastern Star Gas is now focusing on exploration and development of coal seam gas in New South Wales - notably, 65 per cent of the coal seam gas interest in PEL (Petroleum Exploration Licence) 238 in the Gunnedah Basin, with the remaining 35 per cent held by Santos.   

- Ends -

Return to topTop